Critical Reflection

From this effective communication module, there were numerous learning points which I have made. From summary writing to report writing and making presentation, these are important skills which will be applicable in my working life in the future. In addition, there were many opportunities in this module where I got to work with people I rarely interacted with, especially for the report proposal groupwork. Working with my groupmates shaped me to be more flexible and adaptable in order to successfully complete the tasks together. The critical feedbacks given to me during the tutorial classes had also been extremely useful in helping me to communicate better verbally and theoretically.

In the preparation of our group’s report proposal with my groupmates, Lin Yi and Cayden, we had faced many setbacks. We found many loopholes in our proposal solution and needed to make several changes to the product such as changing its shape to better suit the working environment. The peer feedbacks and pitch for our proposal reports were also beneficial for us as we received feedbacks from our classmates regarding our product that we did not consider before which allowed us to make the necessary adjustments. As such, I have learned that proper communication is indeed necessary as a group for us produce a quality report proposal as we listen to suggestions from other people and continuously make improvements.

Working with Lin Yi and Cayden in a group is an invaluable experience. Along the way, I learned that all of us have strengths individually which had contributed to the report, for example, Lin Yi’s leadership skills in guiding the team and Cayden’s quick adeptness in providing ideas to improve our product whenever an issue is raised. As I worked with them, I have learned to impart those strengths in me. Also, from the summary and report writing, I believe that I have improved on my writing skills and made use of those skills especially in the writing of the proposal report. Furthermore, the mock and actual presentation had helped me in gaining more confidence when presenting and the feedbacks which I received will be my guide for future presentations. With these skills and traits I have acquired, they will help me to improve and have better communication skills.

As I look back at my goals at the start of this module, I believe that I have already accomplished them now. I have now gained more confidence when speaking to a bigger group of people and despite still being nervous during presentations, I am able to have a better control my nervousness. I have also gained more than my stated goals - working better in a group and improving my writing skills. This module has benefitted me greatly and I am thankful for the learning opportunities given. I will definitely make full use of the skills I have learned and apply them to my future works as I believe that effective communication is essential in creating the best works.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts